• This Frank Lloyd Wright Architecture For Midway Gardens Sprite With Two Cubes Statue is made of polyresin, individually hand painted and polished.
• This Frank Lloyd Wright Architecture For Midway Gardens Sprite With Two Cubes Statue measures 14" tall, 3" long and 2.25" deep approximately.
• Midway Gardens was an indoor-outdoor entertainment complex located on Chicago’s south side. Constructed in 1914, the complex was ornamented with concrete panels, hand-painted wall murals, lighting, and tableware all designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Working in collaboration with sculptor Alfonso Iannelli, a group of various concrete figures, male and female, were sculpted and stood atop the building’s street façades.
• They were gracefully positioned in the interior spaces and gardens contained within the structure. These abstractions of the human form entertain the eye and seem at times to reflect the Art Nouveau and Cubism movements of the early twentieth century. "A man’s conscience is really the mainspring of what he, with some reason, might call his soul. So listen attentively to conscience, always." 1959 - Frank Lloyd Wright
• This Sprite With Two Cubes was commissioned by Wright for the Midway Gardens entertainment complex in 1913, in Chicago, Illinois. This "Sprite Holding Two Cubes" is representative of one of the three that adorned the Gardens which were salvaged before the premature and unfortunate demise of this lost treasure in 1929. This listing is an Atlantic Collectibles exclusive collection.
Ebros Frank Lloyd Midway Gardens White Sprite Holding Two Cubes Statue 14" H
Video will open in a new window
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.