• This Copenhagen Museum Reproduction Of Apostle Saint Matthew Statue measures approximately 8"Tall, 3"Wide and 2.5"Deep.
• This Copenhagen Museum Reproduction Of Apostle Saint Matthew Statue is made of cold case polyresin, hand painted and polished individually.
• Bertel Thorvaldsen's work and personal gift to the Copenhagen Museum in Denmark showcases the unique features of the 12 apostles of Jesus Christ. The museum also features 'Christus' as the focal point, originally made of Carrara marble. You can find the original masterpieces in life size at the "Christ Hall" at the museum.
• St. Matthew was the son of Alpheus, and he was likely born in Galilee.He worked as a tax collector, which was a hated profession during the time of Christ. According to the Gospel, Matthew was working at a collection booth in Capernaum when Christ came to him and asked, "Follow me." With this simple call, Matthew became a disciple of Christ.
• Many years following the death of Christ, around 41 and 50 AD, Matthew wrote his gospel account. He wrote the book in Aramaic in the hope that his account would convince his fellow people that Jesus was the Messiah and that His kingdom had been fulfilled in a spiritual way. It was an important message at a time when almost everyone was expecting the return of a militant messiah brandishing a sword.
Ebros Twelve Apostles Statue 8" Tall Inspirational Figurine (Apostle Matthew)
Video will open in a new window
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.